4 piece swaging tools are used as an economical method for joining copper tubing by eliminating the need for a coupling. Once the swage has been made, the tubes can be easily sweated together with solder. 4-Piece Swaging Set gives you four of the most popular sizes, ranging from 1/4 to 5/8. The hex-shaped body prevents the tool from rolling and limits the potential for binding in the tube. Made from heat-treated alloy steel for maximum durability.
- Four popular sizes 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8
- For use on copper tubing
- Eliminates the need for a coupling
- Made from heat-treated alloy steel
- Comes in a convenient vinyl pouch
Making a Swage:
- Place the tube in a flaring bar with 5/8 to 1 exposed and camp into a vise
- Insert the swaging tool of appropriate diameter into the tube.
- Keeping the tool straight upright, strike the end of the tool with a ball-peen hammer
- Turn the swaging tool a quarter turn after each strike to prevent binding.
- Continue striking and turning tool until swage is formed.
NOTE: Only use a ball-peen hammer to strike the swaging tool.